Introduction

This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England http://whatreallyhappenedinthechurch.blogspot.co.uk/

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JJNP

Saturday 22 October 2011

Well I have been so busy talking on facebook that I can hardly remember the last 24 hours, but I will do my best.
I went to the other daycentre and had a cuppa and relaxed and read a book, that is my relaxing time in the day, and even then it is difficult to relax.
The evening is spent mainly in the library, plugged into the computer as usual. Then the difficult time comes, time to go out into the cold alone again after a week of warmth and company on the protesters site or on the sofa, I don't want to go back to the protesters site and deal with that girl again, I go down there for soup kitchen as that is right next to the protest site, soup kitchen is good to me, the people running the soup kitchen make a special effort and so I have lots of tea, sandwiches and snacks, they also give me a spare coat, sleeping bag and blankets, I go away heavily laden, I start to head towards my base where I stash things but where I cannot sleep, and as I am pondering choices of where to sleep I notice a little church with only a low wall round it and unlocked little wooden gates, most of the churches here have high iron railings to keep the homeless out, but I investigate this church, a dark passage runs most of the way round it, it is not overlooked and at this time of night if anyone else slept here they would be there, it is ideal.
I bed down, the sky is cloudy, threatening rain, but the night is so mild that I put all the blankets in a pile and climb into the sleeping bag at the top of the pile. I keep watch a while as it is a new place, but there is no-one and nothing here.

I wake at 1am, the sky is clear and starry and it is cold, I get up and use a convenient drain nearby as a toilet, and rearrange my bedding so I am wrapped up. I sleep until 6.30, then I get up and stash and rearrange and head for the market where I use my last 50p for a cuppa from my market friends, there is nothing I can do now until the library opens at 9, so I borrow a mug and go into the church yard and brew mugs of coffee and eat biscuits.
The library opens and I become caught up in lots of chatting over the internet, then I go out with the intention of going to the daycentre and asking if they can help as I have no food, they always give me free tea, but not always food. As I walk out of the library I see two men stopped by the big issue seller, one is pouring tea for him from a big flask, the other is making him a food parcel out of big bags, outreach at this time of day?!

I go over and stand, they turn and see me and ask if I need a drink, I say yes and ask if they are outreach, they are and they outreach this time on Saturday because everything is closed, I agree and tell them I have no food or money left and am thin, one of them pulls a wad of green papers from his pocket and hands six of them to me, £6 worth of food vouchers! wow! They pour me tea and get me a lunch parcel, I am very happy.
One of them was at soup kitchen and tells me that his colleagues were worried for me (not sure why), I tell him all is well and tell them not to worry, he offers me an extra sleeping bag but I now have two, so I thank them and skip off to get my bacon roll and cuppa with my vouchers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.