Introduction

This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England http://whatreallyhappenedinthechurch.blogspot.co.uk/

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JJNP

Wednesday 12 October 2011

continued from yesterday evening, I left the library just and walked to check if my blankets and sleeping bag were dry in their plastic, they were.
I started walking across town to the Mission Hall, my pal who's floor I slept on caught up with me and asked where I was going, I told him and he walked part way with me, it starts raining again.
I get to the Mission Hall, I am welcomed and given tea and we have an hour and more of good Bible teaching, we take notes, a woman with a young lad come in late, they are fascinating because the boy is so intelligent and so very interested in the Bible teaching, I find out that he is home schooled and his mum considers him to have a special friendship with Jesus.
I am worried in case I smell because my clothes need a wash and my boots need spraying, so I move to sit in the corner, when I explain why, the woman with the boy gives me a can of body spray.
After the teaching I am given a food parcel and the Mission leader who I have not met before comes and introduces himself, he is really nice and his teaching is good, he insists on giving me £20, which is very kind, it means I can buy clean socks and underwear in the morning. These people are really nice. they are trying to find me a room as well.

I head out into the rainy night, it is time for soup kitchen, soup kitchen is chaos tonight, all the young lads from the hostel are there, shoving everyone else out the way and grabbing everything despite having four meals a day and endless hot drinks, us rough sleepers get a raw deal but the people running the kitchen wont deal with the situation properly.

My pal who's floor I sleep on is there, he is admonishing one of the girls who is drinking alcohol as if it is a soft drink, she looks at him blankly and makes excuses, she is staying in her boyfriend's house while he is in prison, but she isn't happy there, my pal tells her to get a place of her own and go to the doctor for help as she is too good to be killed by alcohol, but she isn't going to listen.
I go back to my pal's house as it is raining heavily, but on the way a girl joins us, my pal gives no explanation, he just tells her that I am a nice girl, and she agrees and pats my arm, she seems a bit like me except she pats people, she is from a background of abuse and is also quiet with hidden anger and some eccentric tendencies, I don't know if she is diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome, I feel a bit stupid standing in the bedsit with her and my pal, no-one explains anything and I wonder if she is his girlfriend, I offer to go and kip down in the kitchen but he says I should stay with them, he offers to make tea, a pot of tea is made despite the kettle being down a long dark corridor and up and down steps to the kitchen.
I get on ok with this girl, she doesn't live here but her house is a war zone apparently, she takes some toys from the cupboard and they offer me a toy, ok, I choose a toy blackbird with a realistic whistle in it.
the girl gets undressed in front of us, my pal says she has no shame, but he isn't really looking at her, nor do I, I just pour more tea, she gets into pyjamas. This is all a bit odd to me, we are all on the bed and my pal says that I should sleep in the bed and not on the floor tonight, I disagree, how can I sleep on the bed if he and his girl are both in bed? it aint right, he then tells me that I should know by now he is trustworthy, he says that this girl slept in his bed for a month before he made a pass at her, she agrees with this and I continue to think this is wierd. My pal tells me I just need love and that he doesn't think anyone has hugged me for years, he gives me a long hug while the girl pats me, they are most unusual people, I tell them that there isn't space in the bed for all three of us and that I would be too uneasy and anxious to sleep, in the end I win the argument and I have no blanket with me to sleep on the floor so I leave them sitting on the bed together and go out in the pouring rain, it is gone midnight and I am tired, I get my still dry sleeping bag and blankets and move to the corner of the car park under the tree, I have to set the alarm early in case I am seen, but with the blanket over my head to stop the drips I sleep deeply until the alarm goes, only a few hours sleep but better than nothing, I get up and stash my blankets unseen, then I go into town, it has continued to pour with rain but I was sheltered under the tree.
when mcds opens at 6am I am too embarassed to just buy a cuppa with my £20 so I get some porridge as well and sit and try to wake up, my feet are sore again and I head for the walk in centre but I am too nervous to go in so I doze in a corner until I go to the daycentre and get a shower and breakfast, then I go to the medical centre and make another appointment, then I go shopping for socks and knickers, then i go and leave my bag at the other daycentre and have a cuppa, then I go to the mission hall, on the way I get a teeshirt for 50p from a charity shop.
At the mission hall they make me so welcome, they get me soup and tea and give me a blanket and a flask of tea and talk about finding me a room.
The most astonishing thing is when one of the leaders hugs me and says he wants to be my adoptive grandad! flashbacks and confusion, hugs, more hugs, love, he tells me that I need love and that I will get lots of love from them.
I really enjoy the atmosphere at the mission hall, they are open for drop in on weds and thurs and they tell me to come back tomorrow to talk to someone about a room,  I leave them and head for a helpful medical and some food at the other daycentre, I get loads of meds prescribed, the weather continues and I go to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.