Introduction

This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England http://whatreallyhappenedinthechurch.blogspot.co.uk/

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JJNP

Tuesday 25 October 2011

London continued

As I search for help in London I hear a faint whisper about a meeting for church abuse survivors, I persue this faint whisper and spend a week dealing with a really complicated and confused admin system in a church abuse support charity, before finally getting the details for the meeting a few days before the meeting.

I go to the meeting place, I find a big meeting starting in a big hall , this isn't the meeting I am looking for, but it is an interesting one, it is a group campaigning for a secular society, they aren't very pleased with the church and the abuse that has gone on.
The meeting I am looking for is in a smaller room in the same building, I get there and the room is empty and I wonder if after all that work I have still ended up in the wrong place. I meet a cross caretaker who tells me I am in the right place and she is waiting for someone from the survivors charity toturn up and pay her so she can go home.

I sit down and wait, finally three people turn up, three people when the room is set up for more than a hundred, we end up sitting at the front in a circle, another person turns up, but that is all, two people from the church abuse charity and three survivors including me.

The people from the charity are very nice and want to hear our stories, the conversation is dominated most of the time by a male survivor who is very talkative, and then there is a girl in the same age range as me who tells us she was satanically abused in the same denomination of the church as I was abused in, it is all quite disturbing to hear, the aim of this group, though it wasn't discussed beforehand, appears to be to set up a survivors group in London, and the people from the charity, based in America, have been travelling round Europe meeting survivors and setting up support, as well as launching the astounding legal case against the vatican on behalf of thousands of church abuse victims.

The meeting ends inconclusively with time running out and the two charity people needing to get to another meeting, and the other female survivor takes me to her home in Hertfordshire.
I find her situation very concerning, she is severely disturbed, she has been given a range of mental health labels including paranoid schitzophrenia and personality disorders, and she tells me openly that she has been violent or threatened violence towards herself and other people, for me it is all a muddle, did the abuse cause her to become like this? surely the abuse isn't part of her mental illness? Is she actually mentally ill or is this caused by the graphic and horrible abuse that she describes? I am confused, but I remember the church trying to make my experiences and distress into mental illness, but even so I know that I am different to her. She is into spells and druidism, which also frightens me, is this because of her past? I am lost for answers, and though she is offering a hand of support, I am really struggling. I spend a weekend with her and then return to London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.