Introduction

This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England http://whatreallyhappenedinthechurch.blogspot.co.uk/

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JJNP

Sunday 23 October 2011

The Cult - part 1

They are described as a cult on the internet, and I didn't know any better, they told me that they were Christian Organization who took people off the streets and helped them, I believed them, after all, there are so many Christian or Christian origin organizations that do this.

It was late on Friday night on the Strand, there had been rain and my bedding was wet. I was hungry and not in the mood to fight for my food, so when a food run arrived and started handing out, I noticed not many people went to that food run, but I hung back to see what was happening, a man reached through the small group waiting there and handed me a cake.

I was surprised to be singled out, soup runs can't show favouritism in London, so I waited until the man handed out the small amount of food so that I could ask why.

The man came over to me, and again I was surprised, there is only one run that I go to where they single me out for help, and that is a small run where there is time for individual interaction, and that is not at the Strand.

The man tells me about how he and his colleague are part of Christian Organisation who rescue people from the streets and take them into a Christian community, he tells me about this community, based on a farm, he asks how long I have been on the streets and tells me that it is nice people like me that they try to rescue before the people become too entrenched in street life and involved in drugs and other things, he tells me that he was a drug addict on the streets until he was rescued.

He makes the place sound wonderful and I tell him I used to work outdoors and that I would love to ork on the farm if they had any work, he said that I seemed like the sort of person their community wanted, and he asked if I believed in God, I said yes but my beliefs were muddled because of bad experiences, he said he believed God had arranged for me to be here tonight, and he excitedly made some phonecalls about taking me back to the community that night.

The community was in the Midlands, an hour and a half away. We drove and they asked about my background, when I tried to explain my background but they didn't understand, which puzzled me, they didn't understand why my parents extreme beliefs had caused problems.

So I stopped trying to explain. I did tell them that I had Aspergers Sybdrome though, because it is necessary for people to understand why I am a bit different, otherwise they can get worried.

They gave me food and home made cordial drink as we drove, they told me I would be staying with the 'sisters' and that the leader of the 'sisters' was so excited about me
Sisters? they have nuns there? No, I had heard Christian people call each other 'brother' or 'sister' before.

It was early hours of Saturday morning when we got there, the leader of the 'sisters' was waiting up, she came to greet us with a huge smile on her face, and her smile vanished when she saw me, I dont know what she expected but obviously not short hair, boots, jeans and jumper and a backpack. I was not what the description had said, but anyway,she made me a drink, and showed me to my room.

I am running out of time on the computer, so this blog will be continued when I next log in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.