Introduction

This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England http://whatreallyhappenedinthechurch.blogspot.co.uk/

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JJNP

Thursday 13 October 2011

Pay day?

The Samaritans is closed by the time I get there, so I walk back to McD's to have a cuppa as I wait for soup kitchen, the fact I have money and tea and am  not hungry shows clearly that soup kitchen is not just about food and drinks, I consider going to find somewhere to sleep but it is too early to bed down in this town and I can't bear the thought of going to bed without having been at soup kitchen.
At soup kitchen a very drunk girl and a fairly drunk man turn up to disrupt things, and someone is laughing about me and my pal until I mildly put them straight, my pal is a pal, and since I left him the other night he is quieter with me anyway. sandwiches and tea are my usual supper, and one of the women gets me a hat and gloves and two pairs of socks, it all helps. There is no sign of my Scottish pal at all, maybe he has kipped down somehwere already to be out of the rain.

I check out a possible new sleeping place when I leave the soup kitchen, but it is unsuitable and I fall over on the slippery steps, I fall heavily and hit the wall with my hand, the pain goes through my wrist and arm and I break a nail, my nails are short so it is broken in the quick area and is full of dirt, not good, my clothes and hands are covered in slimy algea and moss but nothing else is broken.

It continues to pour with rain, these are the times when it is hard to face bedding down for the night but I will anyway, in the area where I keep my sleeping bag and blankets there are drunk people, so I wont bed down there, I gather my sleeping bag and blankets and go to the car park where I sleep under the tree sometimes, but the lanterns are on there so there are no shadows to hide in, I look round the area, the other side of the car park on the other side of the wall there is a bank covered in bushes and in shelter of the same tree as in the car park, I decide on the top of the bank as a sleeping place, and I put my blankets on the wet leafy ground and wish I had found cardboard though it would get wet. I also wish I wasn't sleeping in such undergrowth and leaves as there tend to be biting insects in such places, I check the whole area by flashlight for snakes, vermin and wasps, you never know, even in October.
It continues to pour with rain but all I get is showers of drips from the trees, I climb into my sleeping bag and use my backpack covered in a waterproof bag as a pillow, I put on the hat I was given and suddenly I feel warm and comfortable, I know the hat helps, and my new blanket on top of old ones and the good sleeping bag make me feel warm and cozy, though I am tense and keep watch for a while, I am tired and start to drift.
Suddenly I am woken by shouting, a man yelling and swearing, it sounds almost as if he is yelling at me and he is at the bottom of the bank where I sleep, surely he cannot see me? I am in dark colours and hidden in the bushes by the wall, he has obviously come out of one of the flats at the bottom of the bank, a cat runs past and I wonder if he is shouting at the cat, I doze off and more yells wake me, the cat runs past again, he is after the cat, not me, I wonder why he is angry with a cat? he sounds drunk or ill.

I sleep. I wake in the dark and reluctantly get up to use the toilet, then I doze, I am comfortable but in distress even in my sleep, I wake to the soft alarm on my phone telling me to wake, it is set early so I can move early before I am in danger of being seen, today is supposed to be giro day if they haven't messed things up again! but that doesn't make me enthusiastic about getting up, and I stay in the sleeping bag a bit longer, the angry man goes past at the bottom of the hill with someone else who he is loudly discussing something with, I am obviously unseen even in daylight, and I realise that I can also leave my sleeping bag and blankets up here. If I get my benefits I am going to book into a cheap Bed and Breakfast tonight and sleep for 12 hours out of the weather and in peace and I will sort my backpack there and drink loads of tea and have a bath.

I get up and go to the market and get a cuppa for 60p, I cannot wait until the daycentre opens.
When the daycentre opens I get a shower first and work on my new medications, anti-inflammatory cream, antifungal cream, new inhalers, spacer for the inhaler, I change my socks and underwear after a thorough shower and I spray my boots with deodourant, now I smell sweet, I get a good breakfast and a cup of tea.
The man at the daycentre gets me to fill in registration forms seeing as I have been here a week, he is a nice man, I get a cuppa and a cake but the cake is a chilli cake and I throw it away, the man saves me a cake as I have to go to the benefits office, the benefits office has messed up, well I thought they might, they tell me to come back at2pm to try to sort it out, I am livid and upset and I chew on my bandage and nearly choke because I have washed my hand with a disinfectant wipe.
I go back across the road to the daycentre, I eat my cake and fume, the man finds a belt for my jeans as my jeans are too big and the rope I use to hold them up isn't very effective. He asks if I want lunch, but it turns out that no-one else has ordered lunch and so none is being cooked, I say not to bother about me, but they do me and individual lunch of cheese and potato bake and cheesecake, I save most of the cheesecake in a tub. A medical worker is there, she tells me she is a clinical support worker and that she helps with outreach, she tells me that the outreach do tea, and she wants to know what hedge I sleep in so they can bring me tea, but I am unsure, i cannot give directions to the steep overgrown bank and draw attention to my sleeping there, and I hate to be woken by outreach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.