Introduction

This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England http://whatreallyhappenedinthechurch.blogspot.co.uk/

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JJNP

Thursday 27 October 2011

Hello, I am too sleepy to blog much this evening.

I went to collect my giro. and guess what? They messed it up again. The giro was there but it had on it that it was to be cashed in London, how do they expect me to travel hundreds of miles to get there?! Anyway, I never shout and rage at the Benefits Office, because it is their head office that messes it up, every time! Don't they realise how harmful it is to people on disability benefits to have to keep coping with their mistakes?

Anyway, I tell the staff that I desparately need that money for clothes and toiletries and I can't wait for them to sort it out at the last minute this afternoon. So they kindly sort it out, and half an hour later a new, correct giro is issued.
See, if I was all mad and bad like the church say I am, I would have raged and sworn like some people do when the Benefits Office messes them around.

I go to cash the giro and then it is stressful shopping time, I get toothpaste, lozenges, spray deodourant, soap, mouthwash, wet wipes, socks, underwear, jeans and a teeshirt, then I go to the daycentre toilets and have a wash and a change of clothes. That makes me feel better.

Then I go to the mission hall. My Grandad is there and he hugs me. I am reunited with patrick, who is very clean and his nose is no longer grey.
It is fun drinking tea and talking to the mission people, fun and in a way it hurts me as well, talk of God and prayers and Holy Spirit and all of that does hurt me.
My Grandad slips me a small banknote and says that is a gift from his wife, she is the one who gave me some money last week. I used to say no when people offered me money and if someone who I don't know offered me money now, I probably still would say no, but I have got to a point of accepting gifts.

When I leave the mission I walk back along the road to town, on the way I stop at the charity shops just to see what there is. I am surprised to find a nearly new pair of boots at the same price as the money that Grandad gave me, boots are expensive, and I usually have to buy new boots every four weeks or so because the way I walk wears them down.
These boots in the charity shop are nearly new and would have cost four times the amount they are on sale for, so I buy them, even though my stout boots that the daycentre gave me are wearing well and have life in them yet, I wonder if the Osteopath really has been able to correct my walking enough to stop me getting through boots so fast. Anyway, I now have a spare pair and will have to find a place to store them, I try them out and they are ok to walk in.

I go to the protesters camp, the council haven't told them to move, they have just asked them to make the camp smaller as it has been growing. while I am there a lady is building a tepee out of scrap. The protesters told the council they will think about it.

I get a room in a bed and breakfast for tonight and I have a very long soapy shower and attend to my hygiene, hopefully the protesters will keep my blankets safe at the camp while I am away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.