This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more:

Friday, 23 November 2012

Good morning peeps,
I had a few cups of tea in the pub and put my thermals on as the weather howled and raged outside,
eventually I had to go out there into the weather, my sleeping place wasn't a long walk away but by the time I got there I was a bit wet.
My cardboard was dry in it's dustbin and my bedding ranged from dry-ish to wet, despite being bagged up in black bags, the rain had been finding ways in through little holes, blown by the wind.

The porch was fairly dry, spray from the wind and rain had been getting in but it was
dry enough, definately.
My balaclava was damp but better than nothing, and my fleece top jumpers were dry. Balaclava on wet hair will mean I have a wild mop on my head tomorrow.

I put the cardboard down and put my backpack as my pillow, I put my little duvet on the cardboard with the wet parts on the outside, put the zipless sleeping bag on the backpack to cover my head and shoulders as it is dry, I got into my mummy sleeping bag, which was wet on the outside but dry inside, then I used an 'emergency measure' because of the wind and rain, I got my survival bag out and climbed into that so that it was round the outside of the sleeping bag and up to my chest.
The emergency bag is a hypothermia prevention aid, used by mountain walkers and climbers and crazy homeless people, it is a big strong plastic bag that is wind and water proof and traps body heat.
It would keep me from the rain and wind if the wind started bringing the rain into the porch.
It got a bit damp inside the bag because of the wet sleeping bag, and I put the other wet sleeping bag on top as an extra measure but kept all the wet bedding free of my head and shoulders and neck and just had the dry sleeping bag there. I also put a handwarmer in my sleeping bag and one by my head.
Thankfully the rain mainly stayed out and the wind began to ease.

I dozed but needed the loo later, hopped up in the bag and pulled everything down enough to use the shewee on the drain, a bit of a disaster but better than wetting the bed, tucked back down and slept.

woke at 3am and was pleased to have even got that much sleep, the weather had calmed a lot, slept again, dreamed of my squiblings (squabbling siblings) and woke with the alarm, the good thing about bad nights is that you are less likely to be disturbed by hooligans or rogues cos they stay indoors.
Despite the damp and cold I was reluctant to get up and tried to snuggle my head in the sleeping bag a bit longer, holding a still hot handwarmer.
Eventually I got up, my leg took my weight and was in no pain, I didn't stop to do any exercises because I wanted to get packed up and into McD's for hot tea.

I packed up the  bedding, dryish bedding and spare clothes in the survival bag and separate bags for the wet bedding, cardbaord in the dustbin, everything stashed, then I found my brush and beat my hair into submission.
I managed around 7 hours sleep last night despite the circumstances, which is pretty damn good.

Off to McD's and the usual cuppa and bagel.
It is wet and dark out there but clearing up, and there is a better forecast for the day and tonight, mmy police jumper is wet at the collar and I should change out of it but I don't have another lightweight jumper. Well I don't know where the other jumper went.

No comments:

Post a Comment