This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more:

Thursday, 1 November 2012

Good morning bloggypeeps,

Well last night I was tipped out into the pouring rain when the library closed at 5pm, early closing.
I went and sheltered briefly in McD's, at the moment I am effortlessly finding stickers so I got a sticker cup of tea. But McD's was crowded with halloweenys and upstairs was closed, so I went back out, it was cold and wet, I sheltered in the bus station and I had nowhere else to go for the next four or five hours before bed time and the rain was pouring down.
So I decided to catch a bus. And buses were struggling to get in to the bus station because of an accident outside town. So some cross people were waiting, and then a man from the bus office came and said that they weren't legally allowed to let buses run if they came in more than 45 minutes late. That's how bad it was.
I was rather startled to see what looked like a pumpkin with glowing eyes on the edge of the bus station, but it turned out to be the safety mirror for the drivers and it had orange plastic over the top and was reflecting the glow of the street lights! How spooky! It's no good the Samuhain haunting me! haha.

Anyway, I got a bus down to the city, I sat up front among the luggage racks and no one disturbed me. In the city there were lots of children trick or treating, and it wasn't raining but the wind was gale force.
when the bus stopped, the children tried to trick or treat the driver but she laughed at them.

We got down to the harbour and the wind was pushing the water back in on the falling tide, which is always fascinating, the balance of wind and tide, something to watch when you are out on the sea.

I got a cuppa from the all night cafe, 50p. and watched the water, went to the loos and put my thermals on, and eventually caught the bus home.

I went to bed down, and found myself some cardboard first, because I expected my cardboard to be soaked.
Half of my cardbaord was wet and half was ok, so I bedded down and the wind was blowing alongside at that point and didn't disturb me, and the nearby lights were out, which always makes me feel safer.
I dozed off, and was woken later by flashes of lighting, claps of thunder, and the gusts of wind turning and bringing some of the heavy rain into the porch.
My blanket and duvet were getting wet, but I was still warm and dry in the sleeping bag.
I got up enough to cover the backpack with one of the plastuic bags that I keep my bedding in, and then tucked back down, basically there is nothing I could do about the rain wetting my bedding and if the blanket and duvet could soak up the water and I could stay dry then that is the best possible outcome, if the rain had continued to soak through and wet me and the sleeping bag then I would have had to declare and emergency and get up.
But as it was, I went back to sleep and the wind backed and eased off as forecast, and though the rain continued, I didn't get wet.

I woke in the morning and checked the bedding, well the duvet and blanket were soaked along one edge, but that wont stop me using them tonight as that edge goes onto the ground on the outside of the bedding pile and I have no contact with it. Hopefully it will dry out a bit. The sleeping bag and cushion were dry, the backpack was ok.
And so I scrambled up and though my leg was bad, I could put weight on it and walk, so I stashed my bedding and headed for McD's.

I was thirsty and hot, but I wasn't hungry, I felt a bit sick, so I got an orange juice and a tea and sat reading my book for a while, it was still raining.
Then I went for my wash and got some mouthwash from poundland.
and waited for the library to open.

No comments:

Post a Comment