Introduction

This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England http://whatreallyhappenedinthechurch.blogspot.co.uk/

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JJNP

Sunday 21 October 2012

I was trying to decide on churches this morning, the two I was trying to choose between both had 10.30 services. So I was waiting, and checking the bins at McD's all the time, but no more stickers.
I noticed that one of the two churches, the one that has given me water, was open at 9.30 for pre-church cafe, I wandered in and one of the welcomers was a lady who works at the outreach, she welcomed me happily and asked if I was coming in, so that was the decision made for me.
The cafe actually is like a normal cafe and so they charge for pre-church tea,but the ladies gave me a voucher for a free cuppa and I was deeply grateful.

I sat and drank tea and people came and said hello.
The annoying thing was that there was this patronizing homeless man and he kept coming up to me and saying 'oh are you here for help?' and 'I would give you money myself if I had it'. In the end I bawled him out and asked how he would like it if he came to worship and was patronized like that.
and I spoke to the stewards about him as well, he reminds me of a certain homeless man in another town who used to prowl the churches and prey on vulnerable females, and my old counsellor said that I have good instincts and if someone reminds me of someone I should trust my instincts.


Anyway, the service was fine, and someone gave me £2 so I could go to the homeless lunch, and during the service when I came out for a break from the crowded service, someone made me a cup of tea.
High Quality Stuff, and it got better.

The church had a special 'visitors lounge' for people who were new or visiting, and so I parked myself in there among the tea and coffee and biscuits.
The nice young girl who works on the reception desk came to chat and a nice man came to chat, I was one of the only new/visitors and so they made a fuss of me.
The man gave me some sketchy directions to the homeless meal, and then the head of the outreach centre happened to be there, she is also part of this church, so she sat down with me and said hello, and I told her I was missing the outreach centre and she was delighted and sad to hear that and asked me if there was anything they could do to help me.

In the end she has offered to get me a day ticket to the next town on Tuesday so that I can get a shower at the daycentre there and let the poor long-suffering staff know that I am ok as I moved on without any warning to them last time, she also offered to take me to look through the clothing store as my top layers are filthy, and she said if I see a pair of jeans my size in the charity shops then she will pay for them, she also offered to buy my lunch tomorrow and wednesday at the homeless lunch, because in this town the homeless meals cost you a small fee or some tokens, and I have no tokens.

So I was a happy bunny as I set off for the homeless lunch, but sadly the sketchy directions didn't get me to anywhere, no homeless lunch, no sign of one.
This means I have the money to buy myself some food anyway with the money I was given to take to the lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.