Introduction

This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England http://whatreallyhappenedinthechurch.blogspot.co.uk/

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JJNP

Friday 5 October 2012

good morning bloggypeeps,
Nothing much to tell you yet, I slept and woke up just before 7, I am having flashbacks and distress from beng indoors.
I had breakfast, included in the room price. marmalade on toast, tea and juice.
I am a boring breakfast person.
And I had a shower, in the same shower room as I showered in years ago, how funny.

I must tell you some books.
In the last few days I have read Judy Westwood's book 'Nowhere to Run'. I have previously read her original book 'street kid', which is a rather stunning account oof how she was neglected and abandoned and spent time on the streets as a child, 'Street kid' had some similarities to my own life, though I think she had it tougher, and 'Nowhere to run shows how, as in my life, in Judy's life, because of her background, she grew up not knowing enough about safe and healthy relationships and was further abused.
In a kind of happy ending she was able to help other abused street kids.
Sadly my joy in life, helping other people, has been taken off me, as a homeless person I am not even allowed to give blood.

The other book I have read in the last few days is 'Shame Travels' by  Jasvinder Sanghera, this is her third book, she wrote, 'Shame' and 'The daughter's of Shame', describing how as a teenager who had been born in England to Indian parents, she was to be taken to India to an arranged marriage and she rebelled and refused to go, ran away from her family and was disowned, and painfully built her life away from the traditional closeness of an Indian family, then she founded Karma Nirvana, a charity that worked to help victims of forced marriage and honour-based violence.
'Shame travels' describes Jasvinder's journey to India to be reuinited with relatives while her own sisters in England still reject her.
Amazing. she has worked so hard to save lives and prevent teenagers being forced into marriage and taken abroad for marriage against their wishes.

I hope it is not illegal to share my brief book reviews but I read a book within a few hours and I just find it so helpful to know of other people who have turned dire circumstances into triumph.
I tried to, I tried so hard.
I spend so many hours doing volunteer work because I wanted to make life better for others, sadly I wasn't able to recover my life and go on being effective in helping others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.