This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more:

Saturday, 20 January 2018


Good morning peeps,

Did you wonder where I went?
Ah, I wandered off. Been to London. Sudden appointment came up.

Anyway, on Wednesday I helped out at the community gardens and did an evening shift, and on Thursday I did the care home.

Yesterday was an epic day though.

I was given a short notice appointment for scans in London.

So yesterday morning I was up at 3am, it was meant to be 4.30 but I woke at 3 and decided it was best to get up. Those who know me know I need a lot of sleep and as little stress and change of routine as possible, so you know I am sitting in bed and medded up right now :)

Anyway, it wasn't such a bad thing being up so early as I had plenty to do before setting off, it just meant a fearfully long and stressful day.

So I got my breakfast and tea and a wash, I had showered the previous evening due to not planning on having time in the morning.
And I made sure I had everything on my little list, and  then I was off.

I drove Max down to near where I work, a few miles away, near the terminal. There is unregulated parking near the place I work there, it's an advantage knowing that but I hate leaving Max all day, I worry.
Anyway, from there I walked to the terminal in the biting wind, I told the wind that biting is wrong but it ignored me. The sea was a far tide but lively.

I was in good time for the next leg of my journey. And I had with me a new book, a writing book, to read eagerly.

Then that leg was over and it was still so dark and early.

I got to the coach terminal and there was a coach in but not mine. I get booked on assisted travel, which helps a lot, but it means I can't change to an earlier coach, so I had to wait and drink tea.

Eventually I was on my coach, reading my new book as the coach sped steadily to London. It's a long way but actually I seem to travel better on coach with assisted travel than on the train. I mean I recover better from coach travel than train. Any new readers, I get very ill from the impact of travel.

When I got to London I panicked slightly about finding my way to the place where I was to be scanned. But I was fine.

I got there and they were all so nice.

I did my forms, and then they did the physical assessment. Quite thorough. I yelped when she did something with my neck, I knew that would set it off. I told her so. She was very nice and careful.
When she had finished the assessment she went and got a man in a blue shirt, and he sat and talked to me and asked more questions. And he showed me spine pictures and he showed me four neck pictures, a good neck, a very bad neck and two in between. He said my neck won't be the good neck or the very bad neck, but one in between.

Then it was x-ray time. A different man did the x-rays. He told me that the level of radiation was low, it was like 5 or 6 hours in the sun, and then he grinned and said 'You spend a lot of time in the sun anyway'.

I had to take some of my things off and put an x-ray gown on. I want my own x-ray gown, they are dead funny.

They did neck x-rays first, including one that they call the 'funny' x-ray, because you have to open your mouth for it.

The neck x-rays went well, but they with the lower spine, the machine started playing up. When the man said 'oh, no' and went out of the room, I was sure it was the machine and not the state of my spine. It was the machine, it was having problems, so another man came in and re-set the machine and took over the x-rays.

The x-rays all got done. And I get the results of the whole consultation soon, I have to go back and discuss the results and see what can be done.

While the machine was blipping I glanced at the x-rays. My neck doesn't look wonderful, I am sure it shouldn't look like that. I am not versed in x-rayology but I know that aint a normal neck.

Anyway, then I was heading home after arranging a results session.

I hadn't cancelled my evening shift due to the short notice of the London appointment.

When I got on the coach, my neck decided it was going to start complaining about being handled, so I put my collar on, took painkillers and squash, and dozed off.

I must have slept for a large part of the journey, because next thing I knew, one of the co-drivers was phoning the police to report a crash on the opposite carriageway.

I stayed awake then, and we were on time which is good when you have tickets for the next leg that can't be changed.
There was another accident, quite a bad one, further on, but we got through.

The man at the kiosk asked why I was wearing my collar now when I wasn't this morning, and I told him about the neck injury and the assessment. He is the same man who was there years ago when I was a rough sleeper.

And then onto the next leg of the journey and finally the walk in the light snow, to collect Max.

And then I was off to work.

I got to work, they were on the phone and handed me a delivery without looking up. Unfortunately it was a cash order and I had no change and no float, so I thought that was a bad start. I had to tell the lady I would be back with her change, and she trusted me. So that was OK. But it got better, I was on all the long distance runs after that, and because I was tired, the boss said I could finish early, which was sensible. Driving needs concentration and alertness and I was pushing the boundaries by working after a day like that. Although, saying that, I didn't feel significantly sleepy or anything. Which surprised me.

I got home early and went to bed. The landlady's daughter and her friend were there but they were certainly not being a problem.

And to my surprise I woke at about 7.30 this morning, certainly in pain but lively and not feeling too terrible considering.

I am medded, fed, and sitting in bed, thinking about a shower before the girls get up and hog it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.