This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more:

Friday, 23 December 2011

My last day in the library, and it will be disrupted as I go to help out at the market.

Last night I went to the samaritans and had a cup of tea with them and a chat about the weather and whatever, I can't talk about the past. They also let me bathe my infected eye with warm water, which helped it immensely.
Soup kitchen was uneventful, well almost. I got there and there was a guy there who is friends with my Big Issue seller friend, he doesn't usually say much to me but today he was chattering away, telling me all the countries he had been to and asking about my life, I thought this was unusual until one of my other compainions told me he was drunk, he isn't usually drunk and he didn't smell of alcohol like Big Issue does when he is drunk, so I didn't realise. Sometimes I am a bit blind. Anyway, I held onto the other guy's lurcher so he could get some food in peace, his lurcher is crossed with a kangaroo I am sure, she is on two legs more often than four.
The drunk man took over the lurcher and was playing with her and when he was offered extra food he told them to give it to me, which they did :) the drunk one doesn't usually worry about me but tonight because of his state he is worried about me rough sleeping.
There was Christmas cake at soup kitchen, so I am happy with that.

I went back to my sleeping place. I am a bit worried about the weather beacause it is deeply cloudy and there was an unforecast shower earlier, but my bedding has remained dry under the stairs.
I bedded down and was happy at how mild it is, I slept well and deeply, had some night terrors and flashbacks about the church and the police, woke up at 5am and went to the toilet, decided it was crazily early and tucked back down into my warm snuggly snoozy bed until 7am and woke up feeling very relaxed and comfy. Who says rough sleeping is all discomfort? I have some lovely night's sleep sometimes, and since I came to this town the terrors and distress have faded since I escaped the diocese and sometimes I feel ok.

Anyway, I bagged up my bedding in new poundland black sacks, remind me never to buy from them again, the black sacks were teeny. I put the bedding in three of them, at least they were easy to carry.

Then I headed for the market, I had lots of tea but didn't have to pay for much as I was given freebie teas and someone else bought me a tea as well. The tea stall man was 'anylising' me and then he said the best thing was that I am honest and trustworthy and that if any jobs came up he would employ me, or something like that. He got me to do the washing up on the stall and make myself tea and toast, and they asked me to come back later today to help out as well. Bang goes my last full day of library!

I went to have my wash and take my meds, the market toilets are very dark to prevent drug users and when I tried to unlace my boots so I could change my socks and knickers, my boot lace knotted and broke and I couldn't see to undo it, so I didn't change my socks and knickers yet, the rest of me is clean though.

No comments:

Post a Comment