This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more:

Monday, 10 April 2017


Good evening peeps,

Has Ashenden had another meltdown? hasn't he run out of things to resign from yet?


I escaped from uneasy nightmares early this morning and managed to feed and shower myself and dress in fresh work clothes before tumbling out the door and into the car in good time.

Traffic wasn't bad, it was just slow drivers, I seem to be cursed to be stuck behind slow or crazy drivers at the moment, but anyway, I got down to the seafront early and decided I had time to go and grab a coffee before work, so I scooted Max round to the port and got a coffee from my lovely people at the cafe before getting back just as my mate was pulling up in the work van.

We got on with work, it was cloudy but warm, and the seafront was mildly busy, I did the mowing, he did the strimming, then he did the hedge trimming while I dug and weeded a border.

At breaktime my mate came over to my car and he was grinning, he doesn't usually come over to the car at breaktime, but he had good news, the kiosk opposite the site, on the beach, had opened for the season, so there was more coffee. We normally have a whole day without hot drinks when we do that round, but now there was more coffee, so I felt cheerful. Two coffees that morning.

Anyway, we finished that site, and off to the next, where we had a lunch break and did the strimming, mowing and blowing. Then on to the next site which was very simple, and then two more places where we mowed and strimmed.

At the end of the round, my mate was feeling down because he had to go and do one of his own customer's gardens, a bit like I did the other week, but I was cheerful because I had worked hard and was now heading home to clear the bathroom so my landlord could fit a new blind. I was more cheerful because according to my bit of paper on the cupboard, Monday is bathroom cleaning day anyway.

I got home, cleaned the bathroom and moved everything, swept floors while supper cooked, and then let the landlords in to do the blind, and had a good chat with them too.

I did the bins and all sorts of odds and ends while also watching television, I am glad I can do lots of things while benefiting from the television at the same time.
I have done the washing up, and now I just have to make the hot water bottle up and scald my bite guard. I am getting good at keeping it in at night, I scald it when I do the water bottle and then it is soft to put in my mouth and settles better, and if I take my antihistamine then I sleep too soundly to throw the bite guard across the room in my sleep, well so far. I am impressed.

My work bag and gear are ready, everything is ready for the sleepy morning rush to get sorted and get out, although my work doesn't start until 9 tomorrow morning, even so, I can still end up in a rush.

Tomorrow I start with one of my old ladies, for the whole morning, then over to a one-off clearance lasting about an hour at lunchtime, then one of my old customers whose garden I am clearing for the afternoon.

The weather remains roaring, and the sun was out by lunchtime today. It is hot holiday weather, tourists making the roads mental.

I forgot to say, I hope to see my adoptives on the weekend, they had a sad time today, they are pet sitting for family and the cat got hit by a car and killed so they had to bury it, that made me gulp, what an awful thing to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment