This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more:

Friday, 1 January 2016

New Years Day

Good evening,

Well last night I decided to clean and tidy the whole flat in preparation for the new year.
Does that surprise you?
I also was watching all sorts of stuff on television.
Then I had a nice shower and sat in bed watching television and waiting for Big Ben and the fireworks on television.
The fireworks and Big Ben happened. They were good, but the fireworks here in our town were also good and went on much longer than the London ones.

Then I went to sleep. For about three hours, I woke all headachy and tense and I took some painkillers with squash and slept again.

I woke up late, well the papers weren't due until 9am, but because I have the rural routes and two extra rounds to cover, I was allowed to go in for 8.40, which felt very late for me.

I got there and the boss had forgotten that I had been asked to cover two rounds, so he asked me if I would cover another round. He also said not to worry because the customers had been told they might not get there papers until 10am.
'10am?! you are being optimistic!' was my response. I am not superhuman!

Anyway, I took the rural routes and the rural distributor's papers out first, and unfortunately despite being New Year's Day, it was local papers day, which doubles the size of the rounds as well, it caught us by surprise as we expected the locals to be yesterday or tomorrow. the Christmas day locals were on Christmas eve. So anyway, my rounds took longer, and then I had to go and do the extras, and despite the boss saying the customers knew the papers were late, they were all phoning up, so someone else took some of the extra papers and I did the rest.
So, it was 10.40am before I got home.

The night and morning were wild with the howling storms. The waves on the bay were big although the tide wasn't full this morning.

When I got home, I didn't feel very tired but I was lying in bed watching Richie Rich, and I fell asleep and slept until 3pm!

I woke up feeling confused by the long sleep.
Then I decided it was time to get over to my friend's house before the storm and darkness increased.
I went round there to pick up a package from the garage.
The package was for me, a complete box set of 'Are you being served' DVDs including thefull length film and Christma specials,
I came home and stopped on the bay, the waves were smashing over the sea wall and Florence thought she was in the car wash again!

I am just watching series one of Are you being Served, and laughing a lot, while the wind howls against the house. I am back in St. Clements in my mind, but it doesn't hurt.
I did fish and rice for supper and overcooked the little Christmas pudding but it was nice anyway.

I am snug and cozy with my heater and my Writers and Artists Yearbook. Paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment