This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more:

Monday, 14 January 2013

Good morning you peeps,
I hope you are wearing mittens and things.

Yesterday was a long boring day, as Sundays are, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
My friends found all their loose change for me and so I had enough for some tea and things.

When they dropped me off on their way to church in the morning I went and walked along the river wall, the river was swift and deep but not flooding now. Then I walked into town and sat in the coffee shop and read the papers. When poundland opened I got a packet of two handwarmers for hot water bottles at night.

I went to sort out my hedge, the rats had already started on my new food stash so I disposed of chewed stuff and put all the chewable stuff in my solid plastic box. I got rid of a lot of rubbish and sorted out my bedding bags, most of my bedding was wet, not good as it is going to be freezing and snowy.

It was a bit of a boring day walking round killing time, and I had to decide whether to save the last of the money for an evening ticket on the buses to keep me out of the weather and off the streets or whether to get hot supper and hot drinks.
In the end I decided on hot supper and hot drinks.

I spent some time in McD's just keeping warm and sipping tea, I also sat on the railway station for some time but there was an incident up there and lots of police, and then the officers who spoke to me the other evening came to chat to me, I don't really like being on chatting terms with the police but I suppose there is no harm in it. They just did their policemanly talk about me staying safe etc.
 Humf, look here you, I have been on these 'ere streets since before you lot was in ooniform so stop 'assling me ok?

Anyway, it was a long cold wait until 11pm when I could bed down. I waited mainly in the bus station in the end, reading my over-read book.
In the end I went looking for cardboard and found a box that I could use.
So I went back to bed down, all my sleeping bags were too wet, the only dry bedding I had was the small duvet and one of the honeycomb blankets, and it was a freezing cold night.

I bedded down in the porch. I put the cardboard down and put the small duvet on top of that, I stepped into a black bin liner that covered my legs and feet, and I put newspapers round my legs and feet. I put one handwarmer in between my feet, and pulled the sides of the duvet up around me. I put the wet sleeping bags, driest first, on top of me up to my chest, and put the honeycomb blanket round my head and shoulders, arms and chest.
I put the other handwarmer in the neck of my thermal top, I was wearing full thermals of course.
I put my hat, scarf and gloves on and pulled the honeycomb blanket over my face.
I warmed up as much as is possible in such circumstances.

I slept lightly on and off, sleeping in shifts and messing up the carefully put together bedding arrangement by rolling over. And at one point I needed the loo, so once I had made a mess of going to the loo, I bedded back down and then it started snowing.
I didn't care for the snow as I needed sleep, but I woke briefly some time later and saw a carpet of snow on the ground and on the trees and roofs.

I slept again and slept deeper towards morning, when I woke the carpet of snow had melted but sleet was falling.
I stashed my bedding and got some biscuits from the stashpack for my breakfast and some water as I was very thirsty, for some reason cold nights make me thirsty.
I walked into town wearing my hat, scarf and gloves.
I went to the loos and had a wash, it is always hard to take clothes off for a wash in cold weather.

All washed and smart I went to join the others who were congregating in the cafe. We chatted and nattered and eventually broke up for the day and I went to get a cuppa from the burger van as I had just enough for a cuppa there, and it would be my first cuppa of the day, at almost 10am!
Burger van man let me have my cuppa for free anyway.

The whole world says hello to me in the High Street, maybe I should move to somewhere anonymouse.

Here I am, in one piece, no frostbite, rested and fed just enough.
I have a voucher for lunch from the fish and chip shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment