This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more:

Friday, 16 March 2012

Last night I went to mass, it was ok, after mass the priest and my new friend said hello and chatted to me. They reminded me to come to tomorrow's lunch.
Then I went and got a McD's tea and went to tuck down.

I tucked down and slept through the night and woke up warm and comfy though I could hear the rain drops falling the same as yesterday morning.
It wasn't misty or cold though.

I got up, it was only 6.30am, I went to the bus station, the cafe was open so I got tea. Wandered about and then got some breakfast.
Went to sit in the church and natter to Jesus and his Mother, as I walked accross the road from that church, the man who welcomed me to the other church on Sunday was outside and he said hello and invited me in, he is actually one of the secretaries, he made me several cups of tea as we chatted, and he showed me their prayer room and let me have a chat with God there as well, that will wind God up no end.
Then his fellow secretary came in, she chatted to me too, and they said I can get a cuppa there any morning during the week.

Then I went to the post office to get money for bus fares and more tea later, then I caught the bus. Patrick was employed to keep a lively young boy amused while we were on the bus.

Got to the daycentre, threw my washing in the machine and sprayed some deodorant around, ate the second breakfast I was offered, put my clothes in the dryer and then it was football time. Tag was at the daycentre, he gave me a hug but didn't feel like playing football today.
There is another guy who I need to nickname 'roar', he gets on the staff's nerves a bit but he is actually quite funny if you listen to him, he is violently moody, but in a way that I understand, I like him but the staff think I get offended by him but I don't :) he is my type of unpredictable.

Football, not FA rules, not professional standard, but fun anyway, all precautions in place, blue inhalers in place and the coach and leader aware of my health and fitness, they said if I wanted to play a bit and rest a bit that was fine. I played the whole game, no time off for rest, it was a bit of a relaxed rules games, so me trying to be in my usual left back place wasn't possible, I was leftrightcentreback but enjoyed defending and even remembering some of the game that it has been two and a half years since I proudly donned my own boots and played football, today I played wearing my everyday street clothes and boots, but I played and my game made sense. I occasionally took a puff of the blue inhaler when the ball was down the other end or had gone for a few miles wander.

The guys were all nice except a fat guy who was rude and wanted a quarrel, so I squashed him, he is an unhappy person, but I haven't time to be his scapegoat. If that doesn't make sense, this guy doesn't know me from Adam but he calls me a bitch and a slag and leers at me and growls at me, I have only met him a few times and he wants to upset me, I have given him a few verbal clouts to tell him I am not weak or any kind of victim for him, that is the only way you can survive on the streets, no matter who you are.

The minibus dropped me off in town so that I could go to mass and lunch, I left my bag at the daycentre and I will go back there later.

Mass was ok, then lunch with my friend and the other church people, that was good, then my friend took me to her car to get me the sleeping bag that she offered me.
She gave me the sleeping bag and a bag with a bracelet and some toiletries and a card in, the card had a banknote in, which is lovely because my passport took a lot of this week's benefits.
What lovely people I meet!

So, back to the daycentrere, they made me a cuppa and there were chocolate eclairs. I sat and chatted to the lady who helps me, and charged my netbook a bit, had a shower, and then headed into town with all my new stuff that has accumulated at the daycentre and what I have been given today, I have too much stuff now, I need to sort it out.

The African man who was going mad the other night was surrounded by police officers in town.

I stashed my stuff and came here to write.

Today has been lovely, tomorrow is my special weekend, I head for the train first thing, to go back to my last town and spend time with my friends and in the library where computer time is plentiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment