This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more:

Friday, 18 September 2015


Good evening,

Well I meant to write earlier but I had a busy day.

This morning I woke to the sound of pouring rain and the alarm clock having hysterics because I was dozy.
I got to the shop on good time but they were lagging a bit with marking the papers, it is local paper day so the rounds are twice the usual size, and the lad at the shop laughed at me trying to lift the pile of papers, he said 'It's been a while hasn't it?' because I have been using the car for so long now.

Thankfully the rain didn't stay too bad, there were stormclouds and rain over the sea, but despite the heavy round, I did good time and got my paper on the way home.

At home I had only a few hours to get washed and dressed, get the flat sorted and the sofa bed moved, in time for the bed to be delivered.
The bed was due between 10 and 12am.

I got myself and the flat sorted and got the rubbish out. I put a note on the door of the block of flats to tell the delivery drivers I would be back in a few minutes, in case they were early, then I nipped round the corner to the laundarette to pick up my clothes wash and drop of the linens, towels, mats and cloths wash.

I came back with my clothes and as soon as I opened the flat door, the intercom buzzed.
The bed had arrived. it is new and it has a nice mattress with it. I have expressed my gratitude to the local support who helped to arrange it.
The bed fits nicely where the sofa bed was, and with the furniture re-arranged, the sofa bed is sitting comfortably in another space.
You won't believe this, I could have kept the sofa bed as I bought it myself, but 20 minutes before the bed was delivered, I got a phone call from a local charity furniture warehouse, telling me they had got a sofa bed that could suit me, I had to tell them that I was just having a nice bed delivered, and I offered them my sofa bed as an after-thought. It is almost a pity now because the sofa bed has snuggled into a little space and I could have kept it as a sofa. It has piles of university files and textbooks on it at the moment.
I didn't know that charity would accept the sofa bed but they phoned back this evening saying they would. It's a shame now the flat is re-arranged and the sofa bed fits in a space that could have been made for it.
Even funnier, my landlady offered me a folding bed yesterday.
I would say this is musical beds, but I think that that is a term for something very norty.

Anyway, so when the bed was delivered, I set it up, and then started to shift the other furniture around. The end result is quite satisfactory. The flat is a slightly awkward design and I have to arrange things so there is nothing to bump into, trip over or bump my head on, because I am dyspraxic, and furniture and cables just throw themselves into my path.

So anyway, due to it being a non-work day apart from the papers and housework and furniture reshuffle. I was resting at lunctime, reading my book and listening to the music from 'Cats' the musical, and I was very tired, so I found the light duvet and some pillows, climbed onto the new bed, and slept for three hours.
I dreamed of Jersey, and the dream was in my usual Jersey dream format, always the same.

I woke and my bed linen was was ready at the laundarette, so I ironed myself out and went and collected it.
I continued to reshuffle the flat and my things, and made the bed.

Then I got to watch my programmes and do some study and also another online seminar with university.

The flat looks good and I was looking forward to a quiet weekend of study, but unfortunately the filling fell out of my tooth. The whole damn lot! That is the tooth that they said was more filling than tooth and it may have to come out if this happened again. The whole lot of filling all fell out in a lump, leaving just jagged edges of the former tooth.
Well, it will either have to come out or be crowned.
Crown Him with many Crowns...
Well, so, still without the car, I have to trek 10 miles or so to the only NHS dentist in the region tomorrow, without a car and when the buses will be busy.
Hopefully they can file the jagged edges, and then they will repair or remove the damn thing on Thursday. Just what I don't need with more work now and no car, and my friend who would give me a lift is very ill.
Ho-hum, life is never straightforward is it?

At least the weather is dry now, but cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment