Introduction

This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England http://whatreallyhappenedinthechurch.blogspot.co.uk/

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JJNP

Tuesday 29 April 2014

Tuesday Evening

Good evening,

Wow, what a day. I am very very tired.

This morning, my landlady came round to check how I was getting on, fortunately I was up and about, washed and dressed, and making the bed (haha),
She had a look at the net curtain that I have been battling with, and talked bins with me and told me there are pegs in the greenhouse as I could not find any at the supermarket!
Landlady was beginning to think she had a ghost as a tenant as I have not been in when she is around, I have been in and out like a demented yo-yo.

I cleaned and hoovered the flat.

So, the last of my washing dried correctly pegged, and I went to the drop-in and got a haircut, I see what the people from church mean, but at least my hair is short and thinned and easier to look after now.
The other thing was, I was watching the drop-in art group and some of them do simple painting by numbers, I could have a go at that. :) maybe next week I will see if I can budget for an easy kit.

I came home, washed my hair again to remove all the loose hair, changed my top for a cotton teeshirt, did some lunch and then set off for a great photography walk.

And wow what a walk I had! I took, a bottle of squash, a few toffees, my camera and a little radio. And my stick. As well as money and bus pass and phone.

I started out, and a few of the guys from the drop-in were out and asked me if I was 'going for a stroll' I told them where I was going, and they laughed because it was a trek rather than a stroll. They were having a stroll.

Yes, I had a long walk and I was walking well, with my stick, it was now a fine day after early rain, and I enjoyed a leisurely first few miles, stopped for a coke, and of course I was taking photographs from beginning to end of the walk, hundreds of photographs on such a lovely day.

After a few miles I knew I had a tough climb up my revered Great Hill.
I managed it, and continued the 'boring leg' of the walk, up a steep lane, and then back to more interesting wooded paths, after a while I came through to a small group of houses, a man was tending his garden and he stopped to chat, he told me about the wildlife and birds of prey in the area and I told him I wanted some wildlife pictures, so he invited me for a cup of tea on his porch and he told me the wildlife was so tame that I would get some pictures from there, and he was right, I got some smashing pictures, I can't wait to show people these pictures.

It was lovely to sit and look at the amazing view and chat, the chap was a lovely old gentleman a bit like my old friend and head gardener, Ted, perfectly safe and a very keen gardener with a lot of garden to look after.

The view from the porch, in vague terms that wont put me at risk of being traced. (The date on the photo is incorrect! It was taken today!) I did this vague photo just to post on here.



Anyway, I spent over an hour chatting to this man and waiting for good wildlife shots, and eventually, as time was marching on and I had a few more miles to go before sunset, we said goodbye and I thanked him, sometimes you just meet nice people, and you may never see them again but they are a nice memory.
I was very shy and unsure of myself as usual, talking to him, but he was a genuine honest guy, and we talked gardening for a long time, his gardens are so beautiful and extensive, a lot of work obviously but absolutely wonderful, a little paradise.

So I trekked on, deep into the woods, up hill and down dale, documenting everything in photographs -trees, streams, hills, bluebells etc.
Eventually the deep dark woods thinned and sparkles of evening sunshine showed through, and on and on I went, until the path came out of the woods and the last few miles were a gentle stroll on flat ground.

I got to my destination, got some chocolate to boost my blood sugar and waited for the bus to get me home.

I got home and did curry, for carbs, as Stuart Syvret always says, cos I used up all my carbs on that walk.

I am sitting here, beginning to stiffen up, although I walked well. My knee was beginning to lock by the time I staggered to the bus stop, but I am pleased I have been able to walk like that. I will suffer tomorrow! :)

I have a choice soon of an even longer walk, sponsored one, or to be on checkpoint for other sponsored walkers, I have a feeling that checkpoint is to be the choice, but one day, if I manage to stay on my feet, I will do a Great Walk again.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.