Introduction

This is a merge of my 'Wanderer' blog that tells of two years of my three years on the streets, and a new blog that tells of my life after the Diocese of Winchester ripped through my life for for the last few years on top of the previous serious harm that left me homeless
This is a day to day blog of my life as I continue to survive, work on recovery and on the social problems that I have and try to come to terms with limitless traumas I have survived along the way.
This blog is in tandem with my blog about my experiences in the Church of England http://whatreallyhappenedinthechurch.blogspot.co.uk/

The former name of this blog and the name of it's sister blog are to do with my sense of humour, which I hope to keep to the end, which appears to be ever more rapidly approaching. At least I laughed, and I laughed at the people who were destroying me. Don't forget that.

Here are my books, which I wrote for you if you would like to know more: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JJNP

Saturday 29 September 2012

I went and dumped my bags in a locker this morning, and went for tea hour at the market.

market tea is unique, it is incredibly strong and very full of flavour, it comes from huge teapots and is poured out so strong that you could stand a spoon up in it.

One cup of market tea in the morning opens your eyes wide if they are still closed, makes you hiccup and all of a sudden you start thinking what a wonderful place the world is and how lovely everyone is. It is a tea addict's version of injecting into the vein.

I got through several cups of tea, and a small bacon and egg roll, and then I trotted off to poundland to do some shopping, raiding the bins as I went, I got 3 stickers, which mean I have enough for one and a half cups of tea.

I got to poundland and was disappointed to find they have no wooly hats or balaclavas in stock yet, but I got some socks, some new foam pads for my feet, some facial wipes and intimate wipes for my morning washes, some clove oil to help clear my chest each day (asthma), and some deodorant. I have to try and keep clean and fresh.

Then I wandered back, Cheerful was on his pitch, he was silently holding up copies of the Big Issue, I asked him why he wasn't shouting, and he said it was too early in the morning and the poor old people don't want to be woken up yet. very thoughtful.

I had my wash and changed my socks and foam, all nice and clean and fresh.
The good thing about this town compared to the other one is that there are plenty of toilets in this town so I can wash in peace.

I head for the library at last, and am collared by the Open University as they want me to sign up, I have almost given up on my education now and I wail miserably at them about my failed attempts to communicate with their customer services team, but they are determined to recruit me so I let them send off a form for me and we shall see.

I go on the computer and do some book writing.
Then I go to see if my dental surgery is open so that I can postpone my appointment, but they are closed so I write their number down.

The gallery is already open and I wander in, they are having a hectic day, I help move a light book case and some books, I have a cup of tea and wander on.
I go to one of the churches and they made me a cuppa and asked me where the CAB is, hey this is their town not mine! but I did know where it was. They want me to join a march for justice later, nyarknyark!

I wandered on and up to the daycentre, my friend and his dog were outside, being made a fuss of by a volunteer (yes both of them), and I went in and got tea and a sandwich and came back out, he is in a better mood so I sat with him and he made me feel as if I belong here, here on these streets with my fellow homeless, he said they have some tents on some waste ground nearby, that they will probably overwinter there, that M. is there and that I can join them if I want.
I ask him if M. is ok and he says that M. drinks everyones drink, smokes everyone's dope and is smashed out of his face most of the time.
It is a shame, I saw real hope for him when he stopped drinking and got a flat and started rebuilding his life   :( he has lost all of that.

I tell my friend I am going tomorrow, and we shake hands.

I walk back through town, Cheerful asks me to get him some cigarettes with his money, so I do, and he gives me a full card of McD's stickers for my trouble.

I go into church and my friend is on duty, she sits and chats as long as she can as she is very busy, her life is manic at the moment and I worry for her because of her workload.
I come back to the library.

I have now caught up with nearly everyone, I have seen Gloomy on one of the pitches, I have seen all the street guys and the church guys and the gallery guys and the daycentre guys.
A few people are missing, V. is the most worrying one and I hope with all my heart he is ok and not in prison or hospital or trouble but I cannot find out. Scotty is also missing, but he was missing before I last left here, and the old soldier and his two friends are missing from the outreach lunch.

God bless all my friends and look after them, here or absent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.